The Great Outdoors
With warm weather comes great responsibility. It’s a time to reflect on the season’s passed and prepare for the season to come.
This includes the arduous task of organizing your backyard. And in the backyard there is usually a shed and/or garage full of dirty garden tools, lawn mowers and other various backyard paraphernalia.
So how does one prepare themselves for the task at hand? With a bit of work and a plan, you’ll have your outdoor stuff neatly organized and ready to go when you need it!
Here are a few easy organizing ideas:
- Shelves, Hooks and Clear Storage Containers.
- These items are a given. There are endless ways to implement these items; it’s just a matter of where and how you want to place them.
- Furniture that does double duty.
- Storage is a big part of organizing your space. Look for patio furniture that can be a part of the storage solution. Benches and chairs with lids that lift to store pillows and cushions.
- For a resourceful, portable way to store rakes, shovels, spades, and any other large garden and lawn tools, pallets are clever storage solution. When you stand the pallet up and drill it against the wall, you’re able to put in any tool with a long handle.
- Another great way to organize small tools, DIY supplies and sports stuff like tennis rackets and bike helmets. Create a square frame with blocks of wood placed on the back of the pegboard (top, bottom and either side) and then screw it into the wall. The wood blocks will give you enough room to place peg hooks through the wall so you can hang your items in view.
Get It Done
The truth is, the more accessible your tools are, the happier you’ll be. It’s all a matter of making a plan and sticking to it.